Tag: technologist

Mammography Certification for X-Ray Techs

You can work as a mammographer when you are a radiologic technologist, but you need to be certified. The mammography certification from ARRT is intended to ensure that you have the required knowledge to work with X-rays and handle the equipment carefully. To become a mammography technologist, you need at least an associate degree as a radiologic technologist, along with an ARRT certificate. In addition, most states require candidates to have specialized training to become a mammography technologist, and earn continuing education credits.

Continue reading

State RT Registries

All US States have departments which regulate Radiologic Technologist activity within the state. Some states have specific X-ray CE requirements. Check with your state’s registry to confirm exact requirements.

Continue reading