Ultrasound Resources and Links
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine is a multidisciplinary association dedicated to advancing the safe and effective use of ultrasound in medicine through professional and public education, research, development of guidelines, and accreditation.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers ARDMS promotes quality care and patient safety through the certification and continuing competency of ultrasound professionals.
- Australian Institute of Ultrasound Since 1995 the Australian Institute of Ultrasound has provided continuing education programs for the ultrasound profession. Throughout the past 10 years, over 2000 sonographers, physicians, and other medical professionals have participated in our regularly scheduled seminars dedicated to diagnostic ultrasound. Our programs have continued to evolve to stay at the cutting edge of ultrasound education
- Burwin Institute of Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound The Burwin Institute offers three different groups of correspondence courses in medical diagnostic ultrasound applications aimed at allied health professionals. Our courses serve three objectives, namely providing basic theoretical education, preparing eligible candidates to successfully challenge certification examinations, and providing continuing medical education (CME) credit hours necessary to maintain professional credentials.
- European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound In Medicine and Biology Welcome to the European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology EFSUMB
- Fetal 3D Imaging, University College London
- Fetal Echocardiography Homepage This page is designed to provide information for medical students, residents, physicians, and other healthcare professionals about fetal echocardiography and analysis of fetal echo data. It contains a library of images, gestational age calculator, a discussion forum, and hundreds of links related to medical informatics, medicine, and telemedicine.
- Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute — The Ultrasound Seminar and Ultrasound Registry Review Innovator — is an established and trusted organization offering AMA PRA Cat. 1 continuing medical education seminar/seminars and self-directed study aid products for the diagnostic medical sonography profession. Since 1985, more than 20,000 sonographers, physicians and other medical professionals have attended our diagnostic medical education ultrasound courses. On-going efforts are made in course research and development to identify the needs of the industry to provide innovative teaching methods for enhancing level of knowledge and professional growth.
- Internet Fetal Echocardiography This 2 CD-ROM set contains 12 tutorials designed to enhance your imaging and diagnostic skills when evaluating the fetal heart. It includes over 500 video clips, images of pathological specimens, and 60 full-text articles from the medical literature. For the past 11 years I have been involved with studying and implementing echocardiographic principles used in the evaluation of the fetus. During this period of time I have had the opportunity of teaching principles of the echocardiographic examination using the peer review literature, textbooks, lectures, and individualized training of physicians. However, one of the limitations has been the inability to convey the principles of echocardiography using a print or slide medium in which display of the dynamic movement of the heart is possible. In an attempt to recreate the clinical environment when evaluating the fetal heart, I began a project two years ago which has resulted in the release of the above multimedia program. With recent changes in health care, the role of the specialist is constantly being challenged. Many of us find ourselves in a competitive marketplace in which our skills are constantly being challenged and where one can ill-afford to make diagnostic errors. For a number of years only the four-chamber view was required for the screening examination of the heart. Recently, physicians have been encouraged to incorporate the outflow tracts with the four-chamber view in the routine examination of the heart. This presents new challenges since this is one of the most complex components of the fetal cardiovascular examination.
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Society The Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Society is an International society dedicated to the ideals of Ultrasound application to the musculoskeletal system. Over the past several years, the Society has grown steadily, with ever-growing memberships from all the continents.
- Prenatal Diagnosis Home Page, Gregory R. DeVore, MD This website was designed to be of assistance to patients and physicians. You will find information regarding prenatal diagnosis, amniocentesis, ultrasound, maternal-serum screening, and other diagnostic tests which can be useful in evaluation of your unborn child. Use the navigation controls on the left to find the information you need.
- Sonographers Blog “The ruminations and musing of a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer”
- Ultrasound Flashcards Ultrasound Flashcards is a great new way to study for the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) exams. The Ultrasound Flashcard program is a program that allows you to practice test questions on a computer to help you prepare for the ARDMS computerized examinations. Ultrasound Flashcards is the only computerized flashcards for ARDMS review available, and it was written by a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers who had just taken and passed the general boards in early 2007.
Get more information about continuing education for xray techs here.